I am definitely 'under the weather' ~ sorry not to post yesterday but all my body wants to do is sleep. I haven't spent any time in the Studio and I have loads to do! So, I looked around for something to put on the blog and thought you might be interested in this video that Stampin' Up! made about the Founder's Circle trip last September. It just shows what fun everyone has and how hard Stampin' Up! staff work to make sure that we all feel like princesses! Enjoy ~ leave me a message ~ I would love to hear from you. Susan Elise
At the THIRD THURSDAY CLASS last week, Joy changed one her birthday cards into a baby card using Stampin' Up!'s Easy Events stamp set. Too cute! You can follow the directions from yesterday's card to create this card. Enjoy!
JOIN ME ON FRIDAY NIGHT FOR MY FIRST OPEN STAMP NIGHT!
My THIRD THURSDAY CARD CLASS always has three cards and everyone makes two cards ~ three designs. The theme changes monthly and, obviously, this month was BIRTHDAY CARDS. Here is the last card from the February Class. The design is directly from Stampin' Up! and was a Make & Take at our convention in 2011. I really liked the card and the idea of using Note Cards and Envelopes in such a fun way. I hope you like it!
Stamp Set: Easy Events, page 34
Card stock: Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes; Melon Mambo
Ink: Jet Black StazOn; Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Melon Mambo Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels, 2-way glue pen, Mini Blue Dots, 2 ½” Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Blender Pen, Paper Cutter ~ page 180 ~ NEW!
- Seal envelope. Cut 1” off the top. Punch center w 2 ½” Circle Punch to create rounded notch.
- Stamp sentiment on envelope front. Wrap with ribbon and tie. If you add a little SNAIL to the ribbon on the back of the envelope it will be easier to tie.
- Stamp cupcake on card front. Color using blender pen & stamp pads picking up a little ink from pad ~ clean blender pen on grid paper before changing ink color. Blender pens are on page 178 in the annual catalog, #102845, $9.95 for three. Use with Watercolor Pencils, Watercolor Crayons or classic stamp ink to blend colors.
- Using 2-way glue pen, apply glue to cupcake frosting & pompoms on plate, add Dazzling Diamonds glitter.
- Punch small scallop circle, fold petals upward. Attach with Mini Glue Dot, add rhinestone jewel.
- Stamp sentiment on Melon Mambo, cut out with Snips to make banner.
Stamp Set: Henry Says, page 15, Spring Catty (#128093 clear, #128090 wood); Bring on the Cake, page 142, Annual Catty (#121958 clear, #121899 wood)
Card stock: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Designer Series Paper: Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP, page 28, SC
Watercolor Paper: Page 160 ~ 5 sheets, 6” x 9”
Ink: Melon Mambo, Jet Black StazOn stamp pad; Markers
Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, page 157; Aqua Painter, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Stamp-a-ma-jig
1. Stamp Henry, color w crayon picking up pigment from the end of the crayon using the Aqua Painter. The water in the cartridge flows into the brush automatically. If you want a wetter brush, squeeze gently. If you want a dryer brush, use a paper towel to absorb the liquid.
2. Color the birds using markers directly on the stamp. Use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line the birds up on Henry’s nose. Stamp the sentiment using Melon Mambo stamp pad.
3. Layer Henry on to Melon Mambo card stock.
4. Punch strip of Melon Mambo using Scallop Punch, add DSP.
5. Emboss Whisper White using Polka Dot embossing folder.
6. Assemble card ~ pop Henry up with Dimensionals.
Last night was my THIRD THURSDAY CARD CLASS and the theme was birthday cards. I was so glad to see Cyndi, Laura U., Joy, Laura F. and Beth! Both Joy and Beth brought friends, Sarah and Marianna, that were new to the Cat/Art Studio. To thank Joy and Beth they choose a stamp pad to add to their collection! Thanks to everyone who came, it was a fun evening. Next month the theme of my 3rd Thursday Class is Easter/Spring ~ join me! Here is one of the cards we made last night ~
Stamp set: Make a Wish, page 9, Spring Catalog; Bring on the Cake, page 142
Card stock: Primrose Petals, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP, page 28, SC
Ink: Primrose Petals
Punches: Cupcake Builder Punch, page 185
Accessories: Primrose Petals Satin Ribbon, page 152
1. Score card stock at 4 ¼”. Cut card stock to 5 ½” x 7”.
2. Cut DSP to 2” x 5 ½”, attach on right side of base card.
3. Cut Top Note out of Whisper White, stamp ‘make a wish’.
4. Punch out cupcake, attach to Top Note with Dimensionals.
5. Attach Top Note to card w SNAIL. Make sure you do not adhere the entire back ~ just the left side. Tie knot in ribbon and add w Glue Dot.
FRIDAY NIGHT STAMP NIGHT STARTS NEXT MONTH ~ PUT IT ON YOUR CALENDAR!
I have a new stamping/scrappin' event and I am hoping that you will join me for some casual stamping fun one Friday night a month. The first event will be on Friday, March 1, and it is an Open Stamp Night ~ three hours to relax and stamp or scrap to your heart's content! Bring your own craft projects to work on ~ you will have access to all my Stampin' Up! products in the Cat/Art Studio ~ Big Shot, framelits, stamp sets, tools and all my samples for inspiration!
Cost: $10 or free with a minimum order of $20
Time: Friday, March 1, 6:00 to 9:00
Location: Cat/Art Studio, 2758 Murray Avenue, Norfolk
Please bring your adhesive. Email me if you are interested!
This video reminds me of Alan ~ he loves Star Trek! I think you'll find it fun and a great reminder why we all love handmade cards ~ perfect for any occasion and always rewarded with a smile! Hugs, se
Here are three of the six projects that we made at my The Best of SALE-A-BRATION Class last weekend ~ all the products listed are part of Stampin' Up!'s promotion ~ Sale-a-bration ~ and available until March 22.
VINE STREET Emobssing Folder
SYCAMORE STREET Designer Series Paper
PRETTY PETITES stamp set, set of 8
PETITE CURLY LABEL Punch
THIRD THURSDAY CARD CLASS IS THIS WEEK ~ Join me on Thursday, February 21, at 6:30 in the CAT/ART STUDIO to make six BIRTHDAY cards! The Class Fee is $15 or FREE with an order of $25 or more ~ in class. EMAIL ME NOW to sign up for class ~ we all need birthday cards, right? If your class order is $50 you can choose a FREE GIFT from Stampin' Up!'s SALE-A-BRATION flyer. Cards from my Saturday morning class tomorrow ~ see you then!
My friend, Margaret Spencer, shared this sweet Valentine that she made. The set is from the Holiday Mini (Wonderful Winterland, #123819, $14.95) and you might think that it was a Christmas set, but, isn't this perfect for Valentines? The Designer Series Paper is from Stampin' Up!'s Spring Catalog ~ More Amore (#129309, 12 sheets of 12" x 12", $12.95). Thanks for sharing, Margaret!