Party Puffins Fun Fold
October 08, 2022
Today is my October Team Meeting and the theme of our swap is FUN FOLD CARDS. This card was created by Dawn Duval, one of my team members who lives in Florida and won't be at our meeting this afternoon ~ we'll miss her. But, we have her fun fold PARTY PUFFINS card to share with you. You can find this cute birthday stamp set on page 54 in Stampin' Up!'s Annual Catalog. Thanks Dawn, such a cute card!!!
Party Puffins Pop Up Card
Stamps: Party Puffins (155054)
Ink: Flirty Flamingo (141416), Memento Black (132708), Stampin’ Blends: Blackberry Bliss (147092), Flirty Flamingo (154884), Daffodil Delight (154883), Calypso Coral (154881), Pale Papaya (155519), Smokey Slate (154904),
Paper with cutting measurements: Flirty Flamingo (141416) 5 ½ X 8 ½ sc 4 ¼ , [email protected] 2 ¾ X 1, scrap, Blackberry Bliss (133675) 4 X 5 ¼, scrap, Basic White (159275) 5 ¼ X 8 ¼ sc 4 1/8, scrap, Design A Daydream DSP (159161) (Host set) 3 ¾ X 5, 2 @ 2 X 5 and 2 @ 1 ¾ X 5 using opposite side pieces.
Accessories & Tools: Beautiful Shapes (158046), Mini Stampin Cut and Emboss Machine (150673), Paper Trimmer (152392), Paper Snips (103579), Bone Folder (102300), Festive Pearls (159963), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Seal Adhesive (152813), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Silicone Craft Sheet (127853).
Non-Stampin’ Up!: Ruler, Pencil.
1. Stamp Puffins and cake on Basic White CS using Memento Black ink. Color using your Stampin’ Blends.
2. Using your paper snips “fussy” cut each of the above items and set aside.
3. Adhere your four pieces of DSP to inside of card at top and bottom. Showing both sides of DSP
4. Fold the Basic White and burnish with bone folder.
5. Lay out the images you will be using (the three Puffins & cake) and measure where you will want to place them. Measure with a ruler and draw lines for the depth you want. For this card, I used a 3/4″ depth for the first cut, then a 1-1/4″ depth and finally and 1/2″ depth. As you play with making these cards, you will figure out where you want to place them. (see picture)
6. Using Paper Snips or Paper Trimmer cut on your pop out lines towards inside of card. Give a good burnish on both sides using your Bone Folder.
7. Fold “pop out” towards inside of card and burnish.
8. Lay folded piece on your base cardstock just below the score line. Add your adhesive and close the cardstock to adhere the glue by rubbing with hand.
9. Flip card over and do the same as above.
10. Place Puffins onto each pop-out piece using adhesive.
11. Adhere the 3 ¾ X 5 DSP to the Blackberry Bliss CS and then adhere these to the front of your card.
12. Stamp the Birthday and Make A Wish sentiments using Flirty Flamingo ink on your Basic White CS and adhere them to the Flirty Flamingo pieces. Add to front of card using your adhesive.
13. Run your smallest and next to smallest circles through the Emboss & Cut Machine. Small circle on Basic White, next size on Blackberry Bliss.
14. Stamp sentiment in Blackberry Bliss on the above Basic White and attach to the Blackberry Bliss. Add to inside bottom of card.
15. Add three Festive Pearls to the inside sentiment.