Stamp sets that work for a variety of occasions are a great investment because they can be used time and again for a variety of seasons. A perfect example of this is the Cottage Wreaths stamp set and coordinating Country Wreath dies on page 59 in the Mini Catalog. You can make wreaths for tags or put them on cards to celebrate Halloween, Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. The wreaths look lovely paired with the festive greetings in this set, or you can customize them for any occasion. The dies include wreaths and a variety of shapes like cutout leaves, bows, and more. Use this bundle throughout the year just by changing the color combinations.
Stamp set: Cottage Wreaths (159652, bundle and save: 159659)
Ink: VersaMark (102283); Pumpkin Pie (147086); Soft Suede (147115); Mango Melody (147093); Memento Tuxedo Black (132708)
Cardstock: Mango Melody (146989), Basic White (159276), Basic Black (121045)
Paper and cutting dimensions:
Mango Melody: 8 ½” x 5 ½”
Whisper White: 3” square, (2) 2” x 1 ¼”, scraps (leaves and acorns), 1 ¼” x ¾”
Basic Black: 1 ¼” x 1 ½”; (2) ¼” x 5 ½”
Misc.: Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108); Matte Black Dots (154284); Sponge Daubers (133733); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), black pen (optional)
1. Fold Mango Melody cardstock in half to create the card base.
2. Adhere 2 Black strips onto card base.
3. Using VersaMark, ink and stamp leaves up both sides of card front.
4. Ink leaves image using Soft Suede, stamp onto Basic White and die-cut.
5. Ink acorns using Soft Suede, stamp onto Basic White and die-cut.
6. Ink leaves using Mango Melody and Pumpkin Pie ink, stamp onto Basic White and die-cut.
7. Ink spider using Jet Black ink. Stamp onto Basic White and die-cut
8. Die-cut Basic Black bow.
9. Ink wreath using Mango Melody ink and stamp onto Basic White. Daub Pumpkin Pie ink onto sections of the inked wreath, adding a second color. Die-cut. (card photo 1)
10. Attach wreath to card front using Mini Dimensionals.
11. Add Acorns and leaves to wreath using Mini Dimensionals.
12. Attach bow using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
13. Add three leaves to card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue
14. Ink phrase using Memento Tuxedo Black and stamp onto Basic White scrap. Using paper snips, trim around phrase. Attach to card front, inside the wreath using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
15. Using a black pen, draw line from top of card down to wreath and spider.
16. Add 3 Matte Black Dots to complete card.