Altered Treat Bag Tutorial
One of the first items I learned to make when I was a new demonstrator (a long time ago!) was called a Bag-a-lope. It was a bag made from a sealed empty envelope. This project is a variation of the Bag-a-lope. Actually, an improvement! I used the 2023-2025 In Color Treat (161752, page 126 AC) Bags to make it. An easy peasy 'gift wrap'!
1. Take one of the Copper Clay treat bags and score 1/2 “from both long edges and on the bottom edge. Be VERY GENTLE with your scoring so that you don’t tear the bag.
2. Fold all creases back and forth two or three times and smooth with your bone folder.
3. Open the bag and shape the sides and bottom to be an open bag.
4. Glue triangle corners to the bottom of the bag.
5. Cut a 10" piece of the matching Copper Clay Ribbon (161629, page 143 AC) adhere to the bag in a zig-zag. Punch out a circle from the matching In Color 6" x 6" DSP and add a half circle stamped with Happy Birthday. Add this to the bag with Dimensionals. Add several In Color Dots (161620, page 141 AC). Fill your Treat Bag with candy or small gifts and gift it! Fun!