This is an easy way to create a nice background for your cards. It can be messy, but it also adds depth to the focal point of your card. This technique can be done on Basic White or Very Vanilla cardstock or as snow or stars on dark cardstock.
Stamp set: Timeless Arrangements Bundle (161526, page 67 AC)
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Moody Mauve, Memento
Cardstock: Bubble Bath, Blackberry Bliss, Moody Mauve, Basic White
Accessories: Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine, Stampin Seal, Mono Liquid Glue, Bone Folder, Take you Pick Tool, Dimensionals, Moody Mauve marker, Heat Tool, Water Painters, Jewel Basic Rhinestones
Bubble Bath: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored at 4-1/4"
Basic White 3-1/4” x 4-1/4", Scraps for Die Cuts, 4" x 5-1/4" for inside card
Moody Mauve: 3-1/2” x 4-1/2”,
Blackberry Bliss: Scraps for die-cut
1. Fold Bubble Bath in half and use your bone folder for a good crease
2. Stamp flower on Basic White with Memento ink.
3. Die cut the Basic White and Blackberry Bliss. (In the photo – on the bottom are all the dies you will use and on the top is everything cut out)
4. Stamp rest of the card. Sentiment “You are the Best” on stitched rectangle in Moody Mauve. For the inside “A very Big thank you” stamped in Blackberry Bliss, and the flower in Moody Mauve. Adhere to the inside. Stamp the envelope with the flower stamp.
5. If you have an older stamp pad press the top and the bottom together – a big splat will appear on the lid when you open it. If you have new stamps, you will need to use the re-inker and add one drop to the lid.
6. Put your basic white cardstock over a piece of grid paper
7. Press your water painter together to add water to the ink. Practice before you start on a scrap paper to see what it feels like to hit your water painter on your finger of opposite hand as you move the painter across you basic white.
8. When done, take a paper towel or rag and place it over the splatted paper to take some of the moisture off the cardstock. (You can use your heat tool to dry or let the cardstock air dry.)
9. Adhere the splatted cardstock to the Moody Mauve layer.
10. Arrange the leaves together, one on top and one on bottom
11. Glue the sentiment on top
14. Color the flower die cuts with the Moody Mauve marker
15. Adhere flower and Blackberry bliss to the Sentiment and leaves,
17. Adhere to your card with Dimensionals.
18. Add 5 Rhinestone Jewels with your take a pick tool Enjoy!