Cardstock Vellum Technique
If you are looking to create a unique background that coordinates perfectly with your card elements, then try this Cardstock Vellum technique. Each time you try it your vellum layer will look completely different from the previous time and will add a wow factor to all your cards. Even better: this technique is not time intensive!
Stamp set: Earthen Textures bundle (161514)
Paper and cutting dimensions:
Starry Sky: 8 ½” x 5 1/2”; 4 ½” x 2 ¾”
Basic White: 5” x 4 ½”; 2 1/8” x 1”; 4 ½” x 2 ¾”
Cardstock Vellum: 3 ¾” x 5”
Miscellaneous: Cardstock Vellum (101856); Starry Sky Stampin’ Blends (159222); Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends (154830); Orchid Oasis Stampin’ Blends (159223); Tahitian Tide Stampin’ Blends (159221); Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewels (158987); Mini Glue Dots (103683); Bakers Twine Essentials Pack (154475); Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9%; Water Painters (151298); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108)
1. Fold Starry Sky cardstock in half and crease to create card base.
2. Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, adhere Basic White layer to Starry Sky card base.
7. Dip Water Painter into Isopropyl Alcohol and add drops randomly onto Cardstock Vellum. As paint runs and ‘bubbles’ add more drops as desired. Let dry.
8. Die-cut Starry Sky and Basic White elements using Earthen Textures dies. Adhere together using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, then adhere to Cardstock Vellum.
9. Ink phrase using Starry Sky ink and stamp onto Basic White cardstock. Trim around phrase. Attach phrase to Cardstock Vellum layer using Mini Dimensionals.
10. Adhere an Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewel to the corner of the Cardstock Vellum layer.
11. Adhere Cardstock Vellum to card base, using Multipurpose Liquid Glue only on back side of Basic White element.
12. Attach a Mini Glue Dot on the backside of the Vellum layer, under each Pearl. Adhere Cardstock Vellum layer to card base.