August 31 BOOK RECOMMENDATION ~ particularly if you have been to the van Gogh Exhibit at the Virginia Beach Convention Center (and, if you haven't you have a few more days ~ it's there until the 8th ~ it's fabulous!).
Here is a quote worth remembering:
“Refusals will not kill me. Ridicule will not kill me. My feelings might be hurt, I might be embarrassed, I might want the ground to open beneath my feet, and others might wish the same for me, but I will not die. I will keep trying. I will live in gratitude, my face pointed toward the light.”
Johanna van Gogh
ALL OF STAMPIN' UP'S KITS ARE ON SALE THIS MONTH! You can see all of them, and order the ones you would like to use and the ones you want to gift, at 'stampinup.com/online-exclusives'! The kits make a great gift for a crafty (or a non-crafty but likes to send cards) friend! Everything is included!!!
The ONE HORSE OPEN SLEIGH SUITE COLLECTION is available in the ONLINE EXCLUSIVES part of the Stampin' Up! website ~ just google 'stampinup.com/online-exclusives'. The designer series paper is wonderful ~ winter scenes to use for all of your winter cards.
...a PAPER PUMPKIN subscriber you may want to order this journal which is available now to coordinate with September's craft box in the mail!
ADD-ON JOURNAL WITH GOLD-FOIL STICKERS
Why save gratitude for special days when you can savor it every day by writing it down in an inspiring journal? The Thoughts of Thanks Journal is an add-on option featuring the same colors and elegant designs as the With Love & Gratitude Paper Pumpkin Kit. It also comes with two specialty gold foil sticker sheets to accent the journal pages and help remind us of all the reasons to be grateful. If you’re excited about this beautiful add-on journal, don’t wait to get yours! It’s only available while supplies last. The order number is 163270 and it is $15.
The journal is available while supplies last. I checked this afternoon and it is still available. You can order online or I can order it for you ~ if you are a subscriber to PP. The pages are lined like a notebook ~ wide lines ~ and it comes with a gold clip to keep your place in the journal. It would be a good gift if you are not interested in journaling yourself. I like to collect positive thoughts and thankful notes and this journal is purrrfect!
Cardstock Vellum Technique
If you are looking to create a unique background that coordinates perfectly with your card elements, then try this Cardstock Vellum technique. Each time you try it your vellum layer will look completely different from the previous time and will add a wow factor to all your cards. Even better: this technique is not time intensive!
Stamp set: Earthen Textures bundle (161514)
Paper and cutting dimensions:
Starry Sky: 8 ½” x 5 1/2”; 4 ½” x 2 ¾”
Basic White: 5” x 4 ½”; 2 1/8” x 1”; 4 ½” x 2 ¾”
Cardstock Vellum: 3 ¾” x 5”
Miscellaneous: Cardstock Vellum (101856); Starry Sky Stampin’ Blends (159222); Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends (154830); Orchid Oasis Stampin’ Blends (159223); Tahitian Tide Stampin’ Blends (159221); Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewels (158987); Mini Glue Dots (103683); Bakers Twine Essentials Pack (154475); Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9%; Water Painters (151298); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108)
1. Fold Starry Sky cardstock in half and crease to create card base.
2. Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, adhere Basic White layer to Starry Sky card base.
7. Dip Water Painter into Isopropyl Alcohol and add drops randomly onto Cardstock Vellum. As paint runs and ‘bubbles’ add more drops as desired. Let dry.
8. Die-cut Starry Sky and Basic White elements using Earthen Textures dies. Adhere together using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, then adhere to Cardstock Vellum.
9. Ink phrase using Starry Sky ink and stamp onto Basic White cardstock. Trim around phrase. Attach phrase to Cardstock Vellum layer using Mini Dimensionals.
10. Adhere an Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewel to the corner of the Cardstock Vellum layer.
11. Adhere Cardstock Vellum to card base, using Multipurpose Liquid Glue only on back side of Basic White element.
12. Attach a Mini Glue Dot on the backside of the Vellum layer, under each Pearl. Adhere Cardstock Vellum layer to card base.
Oh no! I am so tired of the masks BUT not these! You can find the ABUNDANT BEAUTY DECORATIVE MASKS on page 47 in the mini catalog.
This pretty blue card uses the PATCHWORK PIECES DIES that you can find on page 165 in the annual catalog. Used with the COUNTRYSIDE INN designer series paper and the Countryside Corners Dies makes a unique and attractive card! Enjoy!