Pick of the Patch Fall Box Tutorial (Bundle, page 51, September Mini Catalog)
I love wrapping gifts & giving fun gifts! Here is a gift wrap idea to celebrate Fall.
Cardstock: Basic White—159276, a piece to use for stamping and punching 3 pumpkins, stems, and leaves, and a hexagon shape. After stamping and punching assemble the pumpkins as shown in the photos with a stem and a leaf on each.
Pecan Pie (161717) cut 7-1/2” X 7-1/2” and a piece cut 3-5/8” X 3-5/8”
Designer Series Paper (DSP) : All about Autumn (162178). Cut five 2-1/4” X 2-14” squares from metallic copper pieces.
Inks: Pumpkin Pie (14086), Pecan Pie (161665), Garden Green (126973)
Stamps: Pick of the Patch (162196), Heartfelt Hexagon (162882)
Tools: Heartfelt Hexagon punch (162888, online exclusives), Pick of the Patch Builder Punch (162200)
Paper Snips Scissors—103579
Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
Adhesives: Multipurpose Liquid Glue-110755, Stampin’ Dimensionals-104430, Mini Glue Dots—103683, Tear & Tape-- 154031
1. Using the Pick of the Patch stamp set, stamp on Basic White c/s 3 large pumpkins with Pumpkin Pie ink, 3 leaves with Garden Green ink, 3 stems with Pecan Pie ink. Instead of stamping and punching the stems, you could punch the three stems from Pecan Pie cardstock.
2. Using the Heartfelt Hexagon stamp set, stamp the wider bordered hexagon shape with Pecan Pie ink on Basic White c/s.
3. Stamp “a harvest of BLESSINGS” from the Pick of the Patch stamp set on a narrow piece of Basic White c/s with Pecan Pie ink. Trim both ends at an angle.
4. Using the Simply scored scoring tool, score the 7-1/2” X 7-1/2” piece of Pecan Pie c/s at 2-1/2” and 5.” Rotate 180 degrees and score again at 2-1/2” and 5”
5. Score the 3-5/8” X 3-5/8” piece at ½” on all four sides.
6. Fold the two pieces on all score lines, and burnish with a bone folder.
7. On the 7-1/2” X 7-1/2” scored piece, cut the corner squares on the scored lines up to the horizontal scored line on that side, Rotate 180 degrees and repeat the cutting on the other side.
8. Cut off half of the four corner pieces.
9. Add Tear & Tape to the four corner pieces and fold to the inside of the adjacent whole square.
10. Adhere a piece of the copper print DSP to each of the four squares that will be the sides of the box.
11. Add a piece of the copper print to the center square of the box lid.
12. Cut the corners of the 3-5/8” X 3-5/8” lid piece the same way as the larger box EXCEPT-do not cut the corner squares in half.
13. Add a small piece of Tear & Tape to each of the four corners, Remove the backing and adhere the corner pieces to the longer side pieces.
14. After stamping and punching the Heartfelt Hexagon shape, add an assembled pumpkin as shown in the photos and adhere to one side of the box.
15. Adhere the remaining 2 pumpkins to the lid as shown in the photos.
Fill the bag with candy and/or other small items and present to your guest.
TIP: Add sequins or other embellishments if you like.
Enjoy and Share!