Best Day Birthday
January 23, 2023
My team, Southern Stars, met on Saturday afternoon and I wanted to show you the cards created for our traditional swap. The theme was birthday cards so really any card would do. The first two are from the suite, BY THE BAY, on page 22 in the Mini Catalog. I am so proud of being a part of the development of this stamp set and love seeing the variety of beautiful cards produced! So exciting!
I am always in need of birthday cards and I love this one and plan to make a little stack as soon as I get some stampin' time! The balloon is die cut from the 2022-2024 In Color 6" x 6" Glimmer Paper on page 139 in the annual catalog. You have five colors to choose from to make the card ~ or, make all five! Enjoy!
Oh my I can load a picture! YEA! It's 5:30 on Tuesday evening and I am getting ready for a stamp club tonight. I thought I would create a blog post for tomorrow but I am so excited to have my 'upload ability' back that I think I'll post it now!!! And, this is a card that I created with the new collection ~ FITTING FLORETS! When you download the PROJECT SHEET print it so you have two sides ~ the second side has a description of the collection along with the order numbers. This collection is available for a limited time as noted in the description.
Have you ever been unhappy with yourself because you missed a friend's birthday? It flew right by and you remembered several days AFTER the date! I have! Stampin' Up!'s newest kit has been designed just for those of us who have this problem! You'll love it! And, it's only $25.00! Sara is going to tell you all about it ~
Today is my October Team Meeting and the theme of our swap is FUN FOLD CARDS. This card was created by Dawn Duval, one of my team members who lives in Florida and won't be at our meeting this afternoon ~ we'll miss her. But, we have her fun fold PARTY PUFFINS card to share with you. You can find this cute birthday stamp set on page 54 in Stampin' Up!'s Annual Catalog. Thanks Dawn, such a cute card!!!
Party Puffins Pop Up Card
Stamps: Party Puffins (155054)
Ink: Flirty Flamingo (141416), Memento Black (132708), Stampin’ Blends: Blackberry Bliss (147092), Flirty Flamingo (154884), Daffodil Delight (154883), Calypso Coral (154881), Pale Papaya (155519), Smokey Slate (154904),
Paper with cutting measurements: Flirty Flamingo (141416) 5 ½ X 8 ½ sc 4 ¼ , 2@ 2 ¾ X 1, scrap, Blackberry Bliss (133675) 4 X 5 ¼, scrap, Basic White (159275) 5 ¼ X 8 ¼ sc 4 1/8, scrap, Design A Daydream DSP (159161) (Host set) 3 ¾ X 5, 2 @ 2 X 5 and 2 @ 1 ¾ X 5 using opposite side pieces.
Accessories & Tools: Beautiful Shapes (158046), Mini Stampin Cut and Emboss Machine (150673), Paper Trimmer (152392), Paper Snips (103579), Bone Folder (102300), Festive Pearls (159963), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Seal Adhesive (152813), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Silicone Craft Sheet (127853).
Non-Stampin’ Up!: Ruler, Pencil.
1. Stamp Puffins and cake on Basic White CS using Memento Black ink. Color using your Stampin’ Blends.
2. Using your paper snips “fussy” cut each of the above items and set aside.
3. Adhere your four pieces of DSP to inside of card at top and bottom. Showing both sides of DSP
4. Fold the Basic White and burnish with bone folder.
5. Lay out the images you will be using (the three Puffins & cake) and measure where you will want to place them. Measure with a ruler and draw lines for the depth you want. For this card, I used a 3/4″ depth for the first cut, then a 1-1/4″ depth and finally and 1/2″ depth. As you play with making these cards, you will figure out where you want to place them. (see picture)
6. Using Paper Snips or Paper Trimmer cut on your pop out lines towards inside of card. Give a good burnish on both sides using your Bone Folder.
7. Fold “pop out” towards inside of card and burnish.
8. Lay folded piece on your base cardstock just below the score line. Add your adhesive and close the cardstock to adhere the glue by rubbing with hand.
9. Flip card over and do the same as above.
10. Place Puffins onto each pop-out piece using adhesive.
11. Adhere the 3 ¾ X 5 DSP to the Blackberry Bliss CS and then adhere these to the front of your card.
12. Stamp the Birthday and Make A Wish sentiments using Flirty Flamingo ink on your Basic White CS and adhere them to the Flirty Flamingo pieces. Add to front of card using your adhesive.
13. Run your smallest and next to smallest circles through the Emboss & Cut Machine. Small circle on Basic White, next size on Blackberry Bliss.
14. Stamp sentiment in Blackberry Bliss on the above Basic White and attach to the Blackberry Bliss. Add to inside bottom of card.
15. Add three Festive Pearls to the inside sentiment.
While we are thinking about birthdays I thought you might be interested in a pretty treat box. You could use this for gifting something special or for a secret surprise to leave with a friend. You can find the DELICATE DETAILS TREAT BOXES (159248) on page 140 in the annual catalog. The price is $11.50 for 8 white, food safe boxes. Print the project sheet below & enjoy surprising your friends!
Remember when you were in kindergarten or first grade and every Monday was SHARE & TELL? I always wondered what to bring and what to say. Not any more because I want to share some lovely birthday cards that I received last week (wonderful cards & wonderful birthday!)..